Sunday, December 19, 2010

Matt's 29!

On Thursday my hubby turned the big 2-9! I decided for dinner I would make him Fish & Chips along with Mushy Peas of course. I was a little nervous b/c I had never made them before and I had never used our deep fryer that we got as a wedding gift. So, I was scared I would not only burn the Fish & Chips but burn the house down as well! ;) It turned out to be pretty simple but time consuming b/c the chips need to have the perfect crunch on the outside and soft on the inside. To my surprise they turned out perfect and so did the fish and Matt even said that it taste like the ones you get at a Pub back in England! So I was pretty proud of this culinary accomplishment and Matt was very excited to know that his wife can whip him up some good ol' Fish & Chips! On a side note: deep fryers are a PAIN to clean! So, I hope he doesn't  get a craving for a while! ;) Here's some pics!

You can find the Mushy Peas at World Market
 
The birthday boy relaxing before dinner
DE-LISH!
The batter and fish. All thats in the batter is Self Rising Flour and beer. I used Newcastle and it gave the batter a great taste!
Finished Product!! YUM-O!

His birthday celebrations wasn't over though! On Friday, Dustin Matt's best friend came in town to celebrate with us. On Saturday the boys went and finished up some Christmas shopping and went mountain biking while I got caught up with things around the house. Then, Saturday night we went to The Londoner and meet up with friends for a couple  of drinks and dancing! It was a great time b/c it had been a while since we had all hung out together. Here's a couple of pics from last night.

Guy ruined our pic! lol
We took several and none turned out! lol
 I look forward to many many more birthdays!! I can't believe we are already 29 (well I'm not till June but you know...) When we met at SFA we were only 20!! Looking back I feel so blessed to see how we have literally grown up together. I couldn't imagine anyone else I would want by my side everyday. I love him more than the world and I cant wait to see what life has in store for us! Happy Birthday Hubby!!!! 


 “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment