Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

The day after Thanksgiving Matt's mom and dad invited my family over to their house in Magnolia for a traditional British dinner. We all had a great time and it so nice to have the whole family together. Here a a few pictures of the evening.

Everyone with their crowns on from the crackers

Caddo, Boo, and Matt
My sis-in-love Amy and her boyfriend James
Pax with the napkin hat Matt's dad, Nick made for him lol!
Pax loved his Uncle Nicks fish tank

The next day Matt helped his dad with some jobs around the house and did some fishing while me and his mom went to some local shops in Magnolia.







You can barley see but that's Matt and his dad fishing at the pond behind their house

Backyard looking from the pond

After Diane and I got back from the shops and the guys got through with their jobs and fishing it was time for dinner and time for Matt and I to head back to Dallas. I wanted to get back on Sunday so I could get all the Christmas decor up! :)

Matt helping me put up the big tree in the front room

After I got it all decorated! I love this tree! Matt and I started a tradition a couple of years ago that wherever we go on vacation we always pick up an ornament for the tree. It's nice to get those out and remember our trips! :)
 
Our 2nd tree in the little den area off the kitchen 
The den area all decorated! Note: that the kitchen and this den are getting a total remodel in January! Can't wait!  
  
My new stockings! They match better than the old ones seen in the picture above.
Fireplace Decor. 
The wreath I made for the front door. I know the ribbon looks pink but its a sheer red. Promise. :)
Dinning Table Decor. This was something I did real quick but hope to get to Crate and Barrel and get some ideas for a better centerpiece.

A little outside decor and we have lights in the bushes. I'll try and get a good picture of the whole house lit up tonight and post it.

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It was the perfect finishing touch to get in the Holiday spirit by getting out all the Christmas decor and turning on the Christmas jams! I love this time of year, I just wish it would start getting a little cooler out!


“It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”-W.T. Ellis







No comments:

Post a Comment