Monday, July 9, 2012

Ok, so I didn't follow through...

on my weekly posts about how well or sometimes not so well I have been doing at work-in on my fitness and getting healthy. I promise you here and now that I will do better...really...I will! My work schedule is going to be more flexible where I can update more often b/c I got a new j-o-b!! WOOT! Anyway, onto catching you up! Well, I have continued to get myself out of the door at least 4 or 5 days a week to go for a run.   I mix up the routes so I don't get bored going down the same street everyday.  I will do a short run and a long run and alternate those days. I still struggle with having to talk myself into it...don't get me wrong but now I feel guilty if I don't go and so I might as well suck it up and go get it over with. Also, Matt has managed to talked me into doing Crossfit with him. I tried it out a few Saturdays ago and I liked it. Crossfit reminds me of being back in High School Athletics but on crack! Hahaha The day after into the next WEEK I felt like I had been hit by a car 18 Wheeler my body was so stinking sore! I start tonight with the beginners class and am nervous!! Wish me luck...PLEASE!! 
   We have continued on our "eating clean" Paleo Lifestyle. Occasionally, we will have our cheat meals/treats but we are finding that the yucky feeling we get after eating a hamburger, fries, and DQ Blizzard just doesn't set as well in your tummy as it use too! Yes, I confess...I ate that this past weekend BUT we were on vacation and we did for the most part follow Paleo the rest of the time. I know, excuses, excuses...but hey we are all human and it's ok! ;-)
If your wondering how much weight I have lost. I couldn't tell ya.  I haven't been weighing myself anymore because for me it makes me more frustrated than anything.  I know I have lost some inches b/c my clothes are fitting differently and I overall feel healthier but at the end of the day its not the pounds that matter its how you feel in your own body.
   I'll let you know next Monday how my week has gone starting Crossfit and I'll share with you some of our favorite Paleo recipes!

I'll leave you with another quote that Matt sent me the other day that I really liked. So here you go!




Psst....Tomorrow I will  follow up with another post on my 30th birthday and other fun summer events that Matt and I have been up too!




No comments:

Post a Comment